First of all, can anyone believe that January is already halfway over? How does this happen? I guess I’m still adjusting to being back in Oregon and starting a new year.
Anywho, I thought it would be fun to kick off 2013 with a list of things we’re enjoying this January.
1. Landscapes like this. This is the view we had flying back to Portland after the holidays. I’m still not sure why we flew so far north into Washington before circling around to Portland, but I’m glad we did. This is Mt. Adams, with Mt. Hood in the background.
2. Getting back into a routine. Eric and I are both people of routines. And as much as we loved the freedom of sleeping in and doing whatever we liked, I’m happy to get back to a schedule of sorts.
3. Running. I’m afraid that I let myself get a bit out of running shape (mostly due to the lack of routine) during our 3 weeks of travels, but I’m jumping into my marathon-training plan full force. It’s nice to be running regularly again, but my body can tell that I took some time off.
4. Downton Abbey. It’s back. And I’m ready to get wrapped up in the great world of the Brits.
5. Homemade Nutella. I made a big batch using some of the nuts from working on the hazelnut farm, and it is marvelous. I’ll share the recipe tomorrow. But all you need to know right now is that we’ve been eating it on top of Biscoff cookies (those delicious snacks they serve on Delta flights) all week long.
6. Awards show season. Although I have not seen very many movies in the past year, I love all of the awards shows. I can’t imagine it getting better than Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting the Golden Globes (and Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell’s hilarious presenting), but I’m still looking forward to what’s to come. And it’s our goal to see all (okay, most) of the Best Picture nominees before the Oscars.
7. The West Wing. I’m a little ashamed that two things on this list are television shows, but Netflix just added the entire series to the instant list, and we are pumped. A show that centers around the staff of the White House sounds incredibly boring, but neither of us are into politics and we still love it. And we can’t get enough of Dulé Hill.
Hope you are enjoying the start of this new year!