Look out. Nutella again.
I suppose it’s wrong to post two Nutella-loving recipes in a row, but it’s Christmas and time to throw caution to the wind. Plus, these are yummy. And ridiculously easy.
And when it has been raining for 3 days straight, and 60 mph winds are whipping at your window, you need something yummy and easy.
In less than 8 hours, Eric and I had consumed half the pan. You know, let me just munch on these while I cook dinner. Oh, I need to walk to the other end of the apartment? I should probably grab a bite first. Did I just wash some dishes? I should probably have another bar.
With a combination of browned butter, marshmallows, Honey Nut Cheerios, and Nutella (here’s hoping you get the oh-so-clever “Cheery Nutella Bars” title), you really can’t go wrong.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to polish off the pan.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the butter has browned. It should turn amber in color and smell nutty.
- Once the butter has browned, immediately stir in the marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in Nutella until well-combined. Immediately stir in Cheerios until well-coated with the marshmallow-Nutella mixture.
- Scoop mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Set aside to cool (or stick in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up the process). Cut into 24 bars and enjoy!